We’re Hiring: Donor Relations Manager
The Empower Mississippi team is making a difference in the lives of Mississippians by advocating for public policy changes that create opportunity for people and remove barriers. We have led the fight for school choice in Mississippi and have demonstrated our ability to achieve results. Life-changing doors of opportunity have been opened to thousands of Mississippi children who now have the freedom to choose their school, and there’s still much work to do. Our newest initiative is focused on reforming Mississippi’s criminal justice system to ensure a fresh start and meaningful work is attainable for all citizens.
With a top-notch team of policy experts and community outreach professionals, our mission is simple: Change laws that limit opportunity so Mississippians can flourish.
We are in search of a full-time Donor Relations Manager who will work with the President to implement our fundraising strategic plan, managing the systems and processes of a multi-faceted donor stewardship program.
If you’re organized, relentless, and ambitious, if you want a results-driven workplace where culture matters, if you want to do meaningful work, having a lasting impact on Mississippi, and grow your development skills in a sophisticated fundraising operation, we want you on our team!
Empower Mississippi offers competitive compensation, a generous health insurance/HSA package, paid time off, paid holidays, and a retirement matching contribution.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all fundraising activities
- Oversee donor communication and stewardship calendar
- Build relationships with current and new donors
- Travel to meet with donors
- Relentlessly prospect to engage new donors
- Manage portfolio of individual and institutional supporters, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship responsibilities
- Coordinate and track direct-mail program
Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 1-3 years of experience (including internships) in public policy, fundraising, or relationship management
- Notable relationship building skills, and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter work style
- Ability to travel (primarily in-state) on a regular basis
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with an appreciation for systems, processes, and checklists
- Bachelor’s degree
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Interest in the position, including passion for the mission of Empower Mississippi, and a compelling case for why the applicant is a good fit for Empower.
- Salary requirements
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Gina Metzger at firstname.lastname@example.org.