Empower Mississippi is seeking a full-time Director of Development to work with the President to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to grow Empower revenue through the solicitation of individual major gifts, foundation support, high dollar direct mail, and special projects. This position will oversee all development activities, including meeting with current and potential investors.
The Director of Development will:
- Build relationships with current and new donors
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all fundraising activities
- Identify and research donor prospects
- Coordinate and track direct-mail program
- Write foundation proposals as needed
- Oversee donor communications calendar
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two or more years experience in development or a related field. (Preferred)
- Passion for cultivating relationships and a willingness to make the “ask”
- Inner drive to achieve measurable results
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail
- A positive attitude and eagerness to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to travel in state often
Empower Mississippi is a nonprofit organization that exists to ensure that every child in Mississippi has the opportunity to flourish through access to a high quality education. We advocate for school choice policies that empower parents with the ability to determine the best educational setting for their children.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Résumé with a focus on a candidate’s measurable accomplishments
- Cover letter detailing interest in the position, including passion for the mission of Empower Mississippi; a compelling case for why the applicant is a good fit for Empower Mississippi; and Salary requirements.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Gina Metzger at firstname.lastname@example.org.